In addition to Dynamic Sound’s Top 10 Questions To Ask Your DJ, consider the following…Please do not feel that you have to ask your DJ all of these…This list is here to show you there are many other important factors to think about than just price.
Questions To Ask About The DJ Company
- Is the DJ Company available for your date?
- How many years has the DJ Company been in business?
- How many DJs are in your company?
- Are the DJs actual employees or subcontractors?
- How many events does the DJ Company book per day?
- Does the DJ Company offer event planning & coordination services?
- Does the DJ Company offer a customer satisfaction or refund policy?
- Is the DJ Company insured?
- Can the DJ Company supply you with proof of liability insurance?
- How does the DJ Company assign or choose the DJ for your event?
- Can I choose the DJ that will perform at my event?
- May I interview the DJ before I retain the DJ Company’s Services?
- Can the DJ Company provide references for the DJ that will be performing at my event?
- What will happen if my scheduled DJ is unable to perform at my event?
- Does the DJ Company provide its clients with a written contract?
- Does the contract specifically state that the DJ that I have chosen / interviewed with will be the DJ performing at my event?
Questions to ask about the Company’s DJ
- What are the DJ’s qualifications?
- Has the DJ been professionally trained or certified?
- What are the DJ’s years of experience?
- How many events has the DJ done?
- Does the DJ that will be performing at my event belong to a professional organization or trade group?
- Can the DJ provide proof of membership for the professional organization or trade group?
- Is this the DJ’s full-time Profession?
- How is the Disc Jockey performing at my event different from other disc jockeys?
- Will the Disc Jockey Performing at my event also be the Master of Ceremonies (MC)?
- How interactive will my DJ be?
- What is the DJ’s standard attire?
- Will the DJ be suitably dressed for our occasion?
Questions to ask about event planning
- Does the Disc Jockey know the proper etiquette for your type of party?
- How much time does the DJ spend in preparation for my event?
- How many times can I meet with my DJ Before the event?
- Will the DJ work well with the other professional vendors at my event?
- How much time does the DJ require for the set-up and tear down of the equipment?
- Does the DJ have a detailed planner, with checklists for my event?
Questions to ask about the company’s equipment
- Do you use Professional Equipment?
- What types of equipment do you provide?
- Do you have back-up equipment in case of failure?
- If so, where will the back-up equipment be located during my event?
- Do you offer a refund policy for equipment failure?
Questions to ask about requests
- Does the DJ take requests?
- How many songs should I request?
- Will the DJ be willing to play requests and discuss music ahead of time?
- Can I have a DO NOT PLAY list?
- Does the DJ that will be performing at my event specialize in a specific genre of music?
- What music will the DJ bring to my event?
- Can I provide my own music for the DJ to play?
Questions to ask about price
- How Much of A Deposit Does The DJ Company require?
- When is the Final Payment for the event due?
- What are the DJ Company’s hourly rates or packages?
- Are there extra costs for Travel Time, Cordless Microphones, and Lighting & Special Effects?
- Are there extra costs for the set-up and tear down of equipment?
- Will a gratuity charge appear on my final invoice?
- What are the total costs for the DJ Company?
These questions to ask your DJ, will help you find the Professional you deserve. Always ask your DJ a number of questions to find the right one for you.
Whether you are planning your Wedding, Corporate Event, School Function, or just need to rent some AV Equipment…Dynamic Sound is your one stop shop for all your event needs.
We also offer Up-Lighting, Monogram Lighting & Photo Booths.
For a personalized quote click the “Contact Us” to start the conversation…or feel free to give us a call:
+1 (217) 413-2661
DJs in Decatur, Springfield / Champaign-Urbana
+1 (815) 210-3112
DJs in Plainfield, Kankakee / LaSalle-Peru
+1 (630) 453-4577
DJs in Aurora, Naperville / Wheaton
+1 (708) 770-9962
DJs in Orland Park, Tinley Park / Oak Lawn
+1 (847) 243-7882
DJs in Palatine, Arlington Heights / Hoffman Estates
We look forward to hearing from you.